Monday, November 19, 2012

Lunch Date

 This past Friday, I was surprised with a special visitor for lunch...
this sweet girl...along with Missy and Patti too!  I've been in orientation this week for my new job (it's prn-I'll be working one day per week...it's in L&D) and I've been going to the cafeteria for lunch.  I was sooo happy to see them and have lunch together.  I told Gracie she "made my heart smile!"  Gracie had an appt at Shriner's that morning to have her cast taken off, legs assessed and fitted for new braces.  She got new casts placed while she is waiting on her braces.  Check out those rainbow casts...love them!  And this is what her Missy posted about the appointment that morning..."Hey everybody! Been quite the day for us! Gracie did rest a little better last night finally down for the night around 2:30am. THANK YOU FOR PRAYING!!!! Her appt went well this morning. She was very nervous and crying when the casts came off. Her legs look amazing!!!! And they are skinny!!! Look out skinny jeans, here comes Gracie! ;) Her feet are so beautifully flat! She has been fitted for new braces....one will have a tiger paw and one will have a gamecock.....that's my Gracie! We will go back on Monday, 12/3 at 10am to get in her braces and new shoes and to stay for 5 days to begin therapy. Begin praying now for therapy.....it will be intense on those weak muscles but I know without a doubt who that baby's strength is."  Praying for continued strength and perseverance as therapy approaches!  You go sweet Gracie...We know you CAN do it!  Uncle Josh and Aunt Brandie love YOU more than you'll ever know!
~"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," Eph 3:20~

No comments:

Post a Comment