Saturday, May 24, 2014

35 Weeks

Today I am:
 35 Weeks!  
Oh my goodness..I can't even believe it.  Less than 5 weeks to go.
We had our Maternity Portraits made yesterday by the wonderful Megan White and here is a little sneak peak.  I'll be putting up the rest soon.  I thought they turned out beautiful!

 Our big boy is now the size of a large cantaloupe.
 And this is how he looking in there...pretty cramped.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along:  35 weeks
Size of Baby:  Large cantaloupe (19-22inches, 5.5lbs)
Most dramatic development this week:  Baby is maxed out at length, but still has some pounds to gain.  Body fat is now 15% and by birth with double to 30%.  Fetal brain development is moving at a rapid pace and will continue through childhood.  Movements now feeling like rolls and slithers.
Total weight gain:  24lbs
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Movement:  Oh yes.  And it's so fun to watch my belly move around.  I never get tired of that special feeling.  In fact, I think I will really miss it when he is out of there!
Cravings:  Nothing in particular, just different things on different days.
Sick or queasy:  Not really
Symptoms:  Let me show you:
Huge lower legs, ankles and feet.  They have been swelling for the past few weeks now but have progressively gotten a little worse.  Also, by b/p was up this week at the MD and I had protein in my urine on my checkup on Wednesday.  I went Friday for a recheck and my urine looked good, but my b/p was still on the edge, so we shall see.  I'm resting and keeping my feet up as much as possible and drinking lots of water.  I'm also going weekly now to my appointments so I'll get rechecked soon. 
I have also started "nesting" for sure.  My Mom came over and helped Josh, and they got our garage cleaned out so that I can pull in now.  Yahoo!  I supervised with my feet up.  :) I also got our bags packed for the hospital and starting to do last little preparations before our sweet boy gets here!

Best moment of the week:  Definitely having our maternity portraits done!
Looking forward to:  Our final shower next Saturday that Josh gets to be involved in..yay! :)
~"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3~

No comments:

Post a Comment