Saturday, April 12, 2014

29 Weeks

Today I am:
 29 Weeks!!  
That is truly hard to believe!  It's passing by so fast now!  Today, was definitely the highlight of this week.  Some of my family and Josh's went to Baby Impressions for our 3D/4D ultrasound.  We were very excited and I was a little nervous, not sure why, but I was.  I couldn't wait to see our little man on that big screen again and for our family to get to see him as well.  But...he unfortunately didn't share in our enthusiasm..haha!  He was folded up like a pancake. He was literally in a "C" shape where his legs were up by his face.  And he was sort of lying transverse, which is like horizontal, in my belly.  Hopefully he is making his way to a head down position where he can stretch out those little..or maybe long..legs!  But we got a few small glimpses of that precious little face and saw his little nose.  It was no less a special time and I really enjoyed our families being together to share this with us.  We rescheduled in 2 weeks to try again.  After the u/s, we all went and ate at Fuddruckers.  It was a great day!!


 Our Mason is now the size of a "small" head of cabbage.
 And this is what he is looking like in there...well, not exactly!  He is actually not like that at all.  His head is in my upper right abdomen and his legs are in his face.  But hopefully he will be in this position soon.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along:  29 Weeks
Size of Baby:  A small head of cabbage (2.9 lbs, 17 inches)
Most dramatic development this week:  Baby is now is nearing his final birth length.  But still has a lot to gain as far as weight goes.  Over the next 11 weeks, he will double or triple his weight.  Baby is gaining "white" fat, which provides energy and girth.
Total weight gain:  11lbs at last office visit.
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Movement:  Lots of movement.  I feel more at night for sure.  I'm thinking he is going to be a night owl like his Mommy!  I love the evenings when Josh and I are both home and he lays beside me feeling his little son move all around.  Precious moments!
Cravings:  Doughnuts and Italian food.  I have not fulfilled the doughnut craving yet, but I have had Italian a few nights this week!
Sick or queasy:  Just once this week after eating too much too fast I believe.  But other than that, not much.
Symptoms:  Just a few aches and pains here and there.  My feet hurt when I wear flats and my lower back hurts when I've been up standing and walking for long periods, like for 12 hours at work.  But otherwise I feel pretty great!
Best moment of the Week:  Our 3d/4d Ultrasound by far!!
Looking forward to:  A little getaway that we are planning for next weekend! :)
~"Rejoice in all the good things the Lord your God has given to you."  Deuteronomy 26:11~

No comments:

Post a Comment