Saturday, April 5, 2014

28 Weeks

Today I am: 
7 Months...or 28 Weeks pregnant!  
Hello THIRD trimester!!  Oh my...time slow down!
Whoa...this has been a busy, busy week!  After this week, I am pretty tired, and will be scheduling a massage asap. :)  We kept three precious little girls this past weekend, till Monday, while their mom was out of town and we had a blast. We really enjoyed keeping them and got in a lot of good practice :) And then I worked a couple nights.  On Friday, I had a big, busy day as well.  I had a doctor's appt with the dreaded glucose tolerance test, again.  I prepared better this time around by eating lower carbs up until the appt, but as always, the drink makes me feel awful.  It's so much sugar at one time.  I literally thought I was going to vomit and pass out all at the same time in the office, but thankfully didn't.  And the good news:  I PASSED!  YAY!  And the rest of the checkup looked good too.  My weight and b/p were great and his heart rate was in the 140's and strong!  I was so glad when it was over. I did get sick once I got to my car, but felt much better after and was so happy we had a good checkup.  After the appointment, I went home to get ready for Missy, our interior designer, to come and install the window treatments and bedding.  How exciting!  And it looks absolutely beautiful!  I was thrilled at how everything came together!  I'm going to do another post of the nursery when it is all completed, but will give a little sneak peak now.
   Tonight we had a cookout at my Grandma and Papa's house with all of our family.  It was so special to have everyone together to spend time with both of them.  My Grandmother is very sick and unfortunately declining fast, but still hanging in there and fighting strong like she always has through this long battle with cancer.  She did get to go outside for a few minutes and we cooked out hot dogs.  It was a special evening that I know we will all remember!

But back to the star of this show...Our little Mason man is now the size of a head of cauliflower.  He is getting bigger and stronger and his kicks are telling me that everyday! 
 And this is what he is looking like in there:
Getting a little more cramped but hopefully still comfy!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along:  28 Weeks and now in my THIRD trimester!
Size of Baby:  A Head of Cauliflower (16 inch, 2.5 lbs)
Most dramatic development this week:  Blinking!  Baby can now blink those sweet little eyes!
Total weight gain:  11 lbs at my last MD visit which was yesterday.  And I will now begin going to the MD every 2 weeks instead of 4.
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Movement:  Lots of kicks and rolls.  I love it!
Cravings:  Still nothing in particular.  I've been waiting for the whole pickles and ice cream thing to come, but it still hasn't.
Sick or queasy:  Just at my MD appt this week.
Symptoms:  Just really tired this week and a little low back pain.
Best Moment of the Week:  There were lots, but the best was spending time with my Grandma and family!
Looking forward to:  Our 3d/4d u/s next week!
~"Each day is a day that God has given us, and each moment of that day is in His hands."  Roy Lessin~

No comments:

Post a Comment