Sunday, May 27, 2012

Juicing

Sunday, after my Mom's birthday, we spent a very relaxing evening together.  We got take out Panera and it was delish.  After we ate, I watched a movie that she had been telling me about called, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead."  It's a great documentary on one man's journey to get healthy through juicing.  So, we got pretty inspired and the next day, we both went and bought:
 a juicer,
 a lot of fresh veggies (yes, that's a 25lb bag of carrots, haha)
and "Vwa-lah!"  Fresh Juice!  I know it doesn't look to good in this picture, but it is really not bad!  And you are getting a ton of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.  I'm not the biggest fan of veggies, so this is a great way to get them and hide the taste with some other tasty fruits.  It's pretty fun too, but also a little messy.  We are not juice fasting like the guy in the movie, but we are going to try and drink one or two a day...at least a few a week!  My mom and I had a great time together working on our new project!  Happy Juicing!
~"And God said, 'Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.'"  Genesis 1:29~

No comments:

Post a Comment