Saturday, January 18, 2014

17 Weeks

Today I am:
 17 Weeks!  
That's hard to believe.  Time really is passing by fast.  Our sweet one is growing fast and now the size of a...
 Sweet Potato!
 And here is what baby is looking like around this time.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along:  17 Weeks
Size of baby:  A sweet potato (5.5inch, 5oz)
Most dramatic development this week:  Meconium (baby's first poop) is starting to accumulate in bowels.  And baby now has its own set of unique finger and toe prints.  Also, baby can now hear some sounds, including voices :)
Total weight gain:  2-4 lbs  Will know for sure after MD appt in a couple of weeks.
Gender:  We know, and will announce Friday at our Gender Reveal Party
Movement:  Still waiting
Sleep:  I'm now using my "Snoogle" (pregnancy pillow) every night now and I do love it!
Cravings:  Still nothing in particular.  It's different things on different days.
Anything making you sick or queasy:  Not really.  The n/v has improved drastically.  Occasionally a bad smell will catch me off guard, but most of the time, I'm pretty good.
Symptoms:  Heart burn/reflux has reached a new level.  And lots of foods cause it, not just spicy ones.  I'm taking Zantac on a more regular basis.
Best moment of the week:  Just had an overall good, relaxing week.  Nothing too exciting, but it was good!
Looking forward to:  Our Gender Reveal Party!!

One of our friends, Chastity, sent this to me.  I thought it was cute, and probably going to be true for our little one :)
~"Children are a gift from God; they are His reward."  Psalm 127:3TLB~

No comments:

Post a Comment