Saturday, January 4, 2014

15 Weeks

Today I'm
15 Weeks
 And our little sweetie is about the size of an Avocado.
Look how big he/she is getting.  I had good check-up on Thursday.  Everything was looking great and I heard the baby's heartbeat.  It was strong and in the 150's.  Our next appointment will be the big anatomy u/s.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along:  15 weeks
Size of Baby:  An Avocado
Most dramatic development this week: Muscles are getting stronger, especially the back muscles, enabling our little one to straighten out even more.  Eyes are making small side to side movements and he/she can even perceive some light, though the eyelids are still sealed.
Total weight gain:  1 pound
Maternity clothes:  pretty much all I'm wearing now.  They are just so comfy.
Gender:  We go Tuesday to find out, but are not announcing it till January 24th, when we will have a Gender Reveal party :)
Movement:  Not yet, but anxiously awaiting that special moment.
Sleep:  Day or night, not too bad.
Cravings:  Nothing in particular this week, just been wanting to cook a little more...I know, surprising!
Anything making you sick or queasy:  Ok, so my n/v has definitely gotten better...Yay for the second trimester.  It's been nearly a week since I've thrown up.  I'm still having nausea off and on, but the vomiting is going away...Yay!
Symptoms:  I have another cold, which I'm just riding out.  The Tylenol cold meds have so many medications in them, I don't feel comfortable taking it, so I'm just letting it run its coarse.  Also, I'm having increased low back pain...but nothing a little Tylenol and heating pad won't fix.  And I'm really not complaining. I'll take colds, back pain and n/v all day, everyday because growing this little one is truly amazing and a blessing I'm so thankful for. 
Best moment of the week:  Spending New Years Eve at home, on the couch with our little family of 4...and yes, we were asleep by 9pm.  And hearing baby's heartbeat!
Looking forward to:  The gender reveal u/s on Tuesday...so excited!!
~"So be truly glad.  There is wonderful joy ahead.."  1 Peter 1:6~   

No comments:

Post a Comment