Saturday, December 14, 2013

12 Weeks

Well today I am officially:
And the baby is the size of a sweet Georgia peach!

And I'm rounding out the 1st trimester!!  Yay!!
This little one is growing and developing day by day!  I have really enjoyed using the "What to Expect" app.  I have the book too, that my sweet hubby gave me, but the app is great when I just want to look quickly to see what size the baby is and how he/she is developing.  They also have an informative little video on the app that we enjoy watching each week.

And this is what our baby looks like right now.  Precious!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:  12 weeks
Size of baby:  Baby is the size of a peach
Most dramatic development this week:  Reflexes!  Baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his/her toes will curl, his/her eye muscles will clench and the mouth will start making sucking movements!  Also, the intestines, which have been growing in the umbilical cord, will now begin moving into the abdominal cavity.
Total weight gain:  lost one pound
Maternity Clothes:  Been buying them and have started wearing some.  And I must say, they are very comfortable.
Gender:  Don't know yet, but it won't be too long and we will find out :)
Movement:  Not yet, but I can't wait for that special moment!!
Sleep:  I work third..my sleep is always crazy.
Cravings:  Vegetables...like meat and three kinda veggies.  Yay for holiday food!
Anything making you sick or queasy:  Pretty much anything can.  And bad smells can catch me off guard real quick!
Symptoms:  Pretty significant nausea and vomiting.  Normally get sick once a day or every other day.  But I'm sure not complaining.  That is usually a good sign and I will take it any day.  I do have Zofran on hand always for that nausea/vomiting that will not go away, but I try not to take it often.  Normally, after I throw up, I'm good to go, after brushing my teeth of course...lol! 
Best moment of the week:  Just being pregnant...and starting to feel more pregnant!!
Looking forward to:  Getting a bigger "bump" and going for our U/S next week!

~"Since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you.  We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way:  bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:9-10~


No comments:

Post a Comment