Monday, April 30, 2012

Beach Getaway

Josh and I had a few days off together, so we thought we would take advantage of it and go on a little beach getaway!  I got "sucked in" to this timeshare deal almost a year ago, and we still hadn't used it, so we were able to cash it in for this trip, which worked out great.
 We decided to go to Myrtle Beach.  It was the closest beach option since this was kind of last minute planning.  And we do love Myrtle Beach.  I have been going here since I can remember, so even with all of its downfalls, it will always be near and dear to me!  I planned this little getaway on Tuesday evening and we left on Monday morning.  Gotta love spontaneity! 
 Here we are, before the two hour three and half hour timeshare "meeting."  It was a bit painful for us.  We knew going in that we were NOT going to be buying one, under any circumstance, no matter how good the deal looked.  (and they make them look pretty good) But...I have a hard time just saying NO sometimes.  I think they thought that I might we might be interested, so they were laying it on heavy.  But, to make a long story short, we escaped without owning a timeshare. :)
 And even though the meeting was longer than we wanted, we did have a nice salesman.  Here we are on top of the "timeshare" building in MB.  It was very nice!
 And what would a trip to the beach be without a little round of Putt Putt!  It was a close game, but Josh beat me by one stroke.
We really had a great time!  It was just what both of us needed!  And we would do the timeshare thing over again, because not only did we pretty much get a free hotel stay at a decent hotel, we also got a $75 American Express card that we used for dinner at Outback and for our game of putt putt!  So it was totally worth it!
~"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3 NIV~

No comments:

Post a Comment