Saturday, March 17, 2012

Girls Day Out!

Yesterday, Gracie was out of school and I was off work, so we got to spend the whole day together!Our day started off bright and early (not by my choice, haha). I got to their house around 7am, so Missy could leave for work. Gracie was up and ready to get the day started. She told Missy that she was going to sleep late on her day off...Missy said she woke up at 6:05. When I asked her why she didn't sleep late, she said "because I had to get everything ready for our day." Sweet girl! So, we read and played a little, and then we laid down and watched the Lion King (this was my choice :) I feel asleep towards the end of the movie, and woke up to a sweet little poke in the arm and her saying "did you have a good nap?" After the movie/nap, we decided that we would go get our nails done and off we went!We drove all the way to a salon on Pine St. so we could get her in this cute little spa chair. And she loved it! She said, "I feel like I'm in a hot tub." haha. She thought the lights in the bottom were pretty cool too! What I didn't get a good picture of was of her laughing out loud when the girl started scrubbing the bottom of her feet with that stone sponge thing. It was so funny. She is quite ticklish! It was pretty cute! I have taken her to get her nails done once before, but it was probably 3 years ago, and she didn't remember it, so this was a new experience that she loved! And here she is, on our last mani/pedi day, 3 years ago(I think):
I can't believe how fast she has grown! Time really does fly. It seems like I took this picture yesterday. I sure do love this girl!


And here are those pretty pink fingernails!

And those cute orange toenails!

This picture makes me laugh. I was telling Gracie to smile and keep her eyes open and this is the expression that I captured of me...haha. After getting our nails done, we went to Target to get her her very own hair dryer. She chose a pink one, and we also got an Easter book. We then picked up lunch to go at Zaxby's, and headed back to her house to eat with Josh. And we managed to fit in "another" nap after lunch!! We had a great day together! We love You Gracie!

~"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24~

2 comments:

  1. You are the best aunt!! I know she loves spending time with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best. Thanks for all you do for Gracie, and Missy, and the entire fam for that matter. Love you

    ReplyDelete