Saturday, July 23, 2011

Off the Chain

Today, after Josh and I finally decided to get up (I'm not telling you what time that was :)...we hit up Lowes and PetSmart and then went hard to work on a very special project for our furry friend!!! And his name is Petey!!!!! He is Missy's (my sister-in-law...but more like my sister) and Gracie's(my niece) sweet doggie.
Gracie just loves him...and he loves her!

Love this picture. Looks like he was about to give her a big, wet kiss...but he didn't ;)
Just enjoying her loving!!! But because of some holes in the fencing, he has had to stay on a chain. But today......


after a lot of hard work, in the hot sun, the fence was mended and Petey got "off the chain." This picture was Josh and his dad working on the fence.



This was Petey before he got off his chain....



And this was Petey after. Almost looked like he was smiling at us. And that tail of his never stopped wagging.


After he got off, he went exploring all the new smells and seeing the new sights.


He even had to go and bury his new bone!


And then just decided to sit and enjoy it!


Josh and his Dad, stopping for a break..and a quick pic.


And we had to get our picture all hot and glistening!! What wasn't pictured, however, was Missy, Gracie and myself giving Petey a bath. Petey was a little scared of the water at first, and then I think he realized how good it felt on such a hot day. And with a little help from Josh, who got some really soaked shoes and pants, Petey got a nice bath and a cool down! We had a great day! And while we were working, Missy started singing this song..and I think its pretty fitting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I




"my chains are gone...I've been set free..."


And it just reminded me of how we are chained up in bondage...but through Jesus' precious love and amazing Grace, we have been set free!! Unending love, Amazing Grace!!




~"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith..." Ephesians 2:8-9~

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! YAY for Petey!! I know that Missy and Gracie are so grateful and happy that you guys helped them with Petey and for repairing the fence so that he can now run FREE!! I bet Chris Tomlin would've laughed if he had been there while y'all were singing his song! LOL!! Great post! I knew you would be a natural at blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri!! I bet he would've laughed too!! Cause we sure did :) Have a good day girl!!

    ReplyDelete