Saturday, February 22, 2014

22 Weeks

Today I am:
22 Weeks!

And this week marks a huge milestone for me.  I finally, without a doubt, felt our sweet boy moving and kicking!  For the past couple of weeks I have been feeling something, but thought it was just gas or my stomach growling.  And then Sunday at church, I leaned over to Josh and said "I think I just felt the baby move."  But it just happened that once, so I still wasn't sure.  But on both Monday and Tuesday night, I for sure felt him move and oh what an experience that was.  The tears were flowing as I felt this precious little life...this miracle that is growing inside of me!  I have been waiting for that moment for a long time and it was so worth the wait.  No one can describe quite what it feels like.  But it's kind of like a thump or someone throwing a pebble from the inside of your belly.  No matter how you describe it, it's truly a miracle, a sweet blessing that I will never grow tired of feeling!  Keep moving and growing my sweet boy!
Mason is now the size of a Papaya.  I had to look this fruit up..wasn't quite sure what it looked like :)

And this is how he is looking these days:

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along:  22 Weeks
Size of baby:  A Papaya (8 inches, 1.2lbs)
Most dramatic development this week: Lungs are starting to mature and keratin is being added to skin cells to thicken skin as he continues to grow.
Total weight gain:  Around 5-6lbs (by my estimate)
Gender:  It's a BOY
Movement:  YES!!!  What an amazing feeling!!
Sleep:  Still pretty good!
Cravings:  Still Juicy Juice and I've been leaving townhouse crackers beside the bed..read below.
Sick or queasy:  I've had a few mornings where I've woken up feeling sick and thrown up once.  I think it was truly morning sickness and from going too long without eating.  So that's why the crackers are on standby beside the bed :)
Symptoms:  Reflux of course, and I have also developed a sharp pain in my very low back.  It happens when I move or bend a certain way.  I started wearing a belly band at work this week to see if that helps.  Also been using a heating pad when I get home from work.  It seems to help some.  And going for a massage asap!
Best moment of the week:  By far the best moment of the week and the pregnancy thus far was feeling Mason move for the first few times!  It was a special moment that I will cherish forever!
Looking forward to:  Josh feeling him move :)
~"...Marvelous are Thy works..." Psalm 139:14~

No comments:

Post a Comment