Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well, it's here, whether I like it or not....My 30th Birthday!  Of all the birthdays I've had thus far, this one has been the one that I have least looked forward to!  Although it's better than the alternative, turning 30 just doesn't look appealing to me...lol!  I think more than just the number, and leaving my 20's (which I was holding on to for dear life) it's the fact that I'm entering this new decade of my life without a baby.  I've always said I would love to at least have one child by the time I'm 30.  And here we are, still trying...still waiting.  But after I thought about this for a while, I realized that I should be happy...happy that God has let me live another year, happy about the experience and wisdom this journey has given me and happy to know that God is still in control.  That His plan is far better than my own and that His timing is absolutely perfect!  So here's to 30...to growing a year older, a year wiser and a year stronger!  I'm going to embrace it, live it and look forward to what God has in store!  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11  Claiming this today and always!  Happy Birthday to Me!
 Friday, before my birthday, I got the sweetest surprise!!  All 80ish staff and kids from our VBS Day Camp sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and I got a special birthday doughnut, compliments of my wonderful mother in law (thank you Patti)!  It warmed my heart and made me smile!  Thank you everyone for making the start of my bday so special!
 On Saturday, my actual birthday, Josh had to work, so my amazing Mother treated me to a day of pampering!  It was absolutely wonderful!
 We started out getting manicures and pedicures together.  After that, we headed to Gville where we both got a one hour massage!
 And we ended my special day with a sombrero and some yummy Mexican food.  Oh and free sopapillas...YESSS!!!  They were so good and we left feeling very full :)  They even wished me a Happy Birthday. 
 On the way home, we stopped by to visit with Papa and Gma.  And brought them some left over dessert.
And check out this oh so sweet note I got from Gracie for my birthday!  It was  precious and made me cry...love her!  It says:  "Happy Birthday from Gracie, i love you to the moon and back, i apsieate (appreciate) you to Jupder (Jupiter) and back, i have a lot of fun at your house, Your favorite color is Pink, Me Mommy and larsee (aka josh) are going to take you out for dinner, You are the best pal for life and we will always be toger (together), the crafety (crafty) craft crew well (will) cellbrate (celebrate) your birthday on monday Happy B-day Palster :) !!! My Pal is number one"  I LOVE THIS!
And this was my delicious cake that my Mom got for me.  Although we were too full to eat it that night, Josh and I definitely finished it off over the next 2 days!  I had such a wonderful birthday!  Mom, I can't thank you enough for my making my day so special!  Love you lots!  And I also received so many sweet calls, texts and FB messages!  Thank you everyone for all the love!  Love and hugs to you all!

~"God has perfect timing; Never early, Never late.  It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith, but it's always worth the wait."~

No comments:

Post a Comment