Friday, September 2, 2011

Update on my Grandma

Update on my Grandma

My Grandmother was diagnosed with cancer in January. She had a major abdominal surgery on Feb. 22 to remove most of the cancer and has been receiving chemo treatments since then. She has been a trooper through all of this! She has had her ups and downs, and been in and out of the hospital a few times, but is still going strong. She is eating well and gaining some of her weight back and her hair has started to grow back too. And even though her personality has slightly changed through this, she is still my sweet "Grandma" that I love dearly. I'm so proud of her and her strength through all of this! And just a little shout out to my Papa as well. Papa, you are an amazing man of God who never ceases to amaze us. The dedication and humility that you've shown to Grandma, no matter what the situation is, reminds us again of how much we love and respect you. You set an amazing example of what a husband should be! Josh and I love you both so very much!! Please help us as we continue to pray for Grandma's healing. She goes for another chemo treatment next week. She was supposed to go this week but her platelets were too low. :( (the picture above was taken on my phone one night while Gma and I sat in the hospital...waiting....and praying)

"You are a fighter, a survivor,
a woman of faith and strength.
You are a tough opponent
for any challenge.
Even the big "c"
is no match for you,
because you belong to an even bigger "C"......
Christ!
He is with you and many prayers are for you as you fight this battle."
(source)
(the pics above are from Christmas 2009)

~"You answer me and encourage me by giving me the strength I need." Psalm 138:3~

2 comments:

  1. Love this post about your sweet grandma! Continuing to send lots of prayers up on her behalf! Women like her are role models for us and inspire us to never give up no matter what! Keep us updated! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! All prayer is appreciated! And I'll definitely keep you updated! Enjoy your long weekend! ;) love you

    ReplyDelete